AUTUMN FRUIT CHICKEN SALAD WITH A WARM ALMOND BUTTER VINAIGRETTE
- 3 cups chopped grilled chicken (for convenience, I suggest using the packaged grilled chicken from Costco because it doesn’t have any additives)
- 1 large organic gala apple (do not peel)
- 2 small organic bartlett pears
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- For Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup all natural almond butter (free of sugar and hydrogenated oils)
- 1 TB raw honey
- 2 TB fresh lime juice
- 2 TB organic apple cider vinegar
- 4-6 TB water
- 4 cups of mixed greens of your choice
- 8 TB pecan pieces for topping (optional)
Chop up the chicken, put in a small bowl and set aside. Chop up the apple, pears and mix with the dried cherries inside a medium bowl and set aside.
Make your almond butter vinaigrette:
Option 1: Put the almond butter, honey, lime juice and apple cider vinegar in a small pot and whisking it until smooth. Add 4 to 6 tablespoons of water while mixing to help make it more like a vinaigrette and less like a creamy almond butter. Continue until desired texture and it’s warm. Be warned, don’t leave it in the pot by itself because it will just turn into a big lump of almond butter, not the dressing you want! If this does happen, just add more water and whisk it.
Option 2: Combine all the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and whisk until desired consistency. If you want it warm, heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
For each serving size, in a salad bowl toss 1 cup of mixed greens, 3/4 cup chopped chicken, 1 cup of the fruit mixture, and 2 TB of the vinaigrette. Top with 2 TB pecan pieces if desired.
*If you are following the 21 Day Fix eating plan, this would count towards the following containers: 1 green, 1 red, 1 purple, 1 orange and 1 blue.