COCONUT ENCRUSTED CHICKEN FINGERS AND NUGGETS
Serves 4, 2 strips or about 8 nuggets per person
- 8 chicken tenders
- 2 cups arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cage-free brown eggs
- 1 TB maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut chips (optional)
- coconut or olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- If making chicken nuggets, cut up the 8 chicken tenders into nuggets (about 3-4 nuggets per tender), otherwise leave the tenders whole.
- In a shallow, rimmed dish, mix the arrowroot flour, cayenne pepper, curry powder, and salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the 2 eggs with the 1 TB of maple syrup.
- In another shallow, rimmed dish, mix the 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut and 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut chips (if not using the coconut chips, do a 1/2 cup shredded coconut).
- Cover two cookie sheets or jelly roll pans with parchment paper or foil and then put a wire rack on top of them. Spray the racks with coconut oil spray or olive oil spray so the chicken doesn’t stick.
- Take each chicken strip or nugget and drench it in the arrowroot mixture, then cover it in the egg mixture, and finally the coconut mixture before putting it on one of the wire racks.
- Put the cookie sheets in the oven on the center rack and bake for 20-25 minutes. You want the chicken crispy and the coconut slightly brown.
- Either serve right away, or wait until they are cool before you package them for later.
*If following the 21 Day Fix eating plan each serving size uses the following containers: 1 Red and 1 orange.