This yummy delicious salad is great for a pre-made lunch-to-go. I typically make these on Sundays, put in plastic containers and into the fridge, and we have lunch for 2 or 3 times that week depending on how much I make. That’s why the serving size is for one so you can multiply it by however many servings you need!
What’s great about it is that it can be served hot or cold depending on your mood, and either way it’s delicious. For this dish, you can use leftover chicken, pasta and broccoli, or make it fresh that day. This is a must-have healthy lunch!
CHICKEN CAESAR PASTA SALAD
- 4 oz or 3/4 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice pasta (any shape will work!)
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, sliced (I like using red, orange and yellow so there’s added color)
- 1/4 cup red onions, sliced
- 2 TB Parmesan Caesar Dressing (see below for recipe)
Put all ingredients into a bowl large enough to mix, and toss until dressing is mixed in.
PARMESAN CAESAR DRESSING RECIPE
Whisk the following ingredients in a small bowl. Serving size is 2 tablespoons.
- 2 garlic cloves, diced or minced
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 2 tsp dijon or ground mustard
- 1/4 cup organic mayo
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ground sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
*If following the 21 Day Fix Plan, this would consist of 1-red, 1-yellow, 1-orange, and 1.5-green containers.